To verify the availability and correct configuration of the appliance the GOS-Admin-menu offers the possibility of a self-check.
Start up the GOS-Admin-Menu and select the SelfCheck option.
The GSM now verifies if all pre-requisites exist to operate.
Verifying of the operational pre-requisites
The individual pre-requisites are:
- Subscription key
- Web-administrator (scan administrator)
- Up-to date feeds
- Connectivity to the Greenbone feed server
- Configuration of the DNS server
- Connectivity and functionality of the DNS server
- Available disk space of the hard disk
- Version of the operating system
- Validity of the SSL certificate
- Availability of the configured sensors (only Midrange and Enterprise models)
- Operational state of the internal services
Please reboot the appliance if you have changed any fundamental settings or after the first configuration.