17. My Settings
Every user of the GSM appliance can manage their own settings for the web interface.
This setting can be accessed by either selecting Extras under the submenu My Settings or by clicking on the user name at the top right.
Every user can manage their own settings.
By clicking the icon the user can modify these settings.
Important settings are:
- Internally the GSM saves all information in the UTC time zone.
In order to display the data in the time zone of the user the respective selection is required here.
- Here the user can change their password.
- User Interface Language:
- Here the language is defined.
The default uses the browser setting.
To always get an English or German interface use english or german.
- Rows Per Page:
- This is the amount of results in a list.
- Wizard Rows:
- This defines how long to display the wizard for.
For example, if the value is set to 3 the wizard won’t be displayed in the task overview as soon as a minimum of 4 tasks are available.
- Details Export File Name:
This defines the default name of the file for exported resource details.
The format string can contain alphanumeric characters, hyphens, underscores and placeholders that will be replaced as follows:
- %C The creation date in the format YYYYMMDD.
This gives the current date if a creation is not available, e.g. when exporting lists of resources
- %c The creation time in the format HHMMSS.
Falls back to the current time similar to %C.
- %D The current date in the format YYYYMMDD
- %F The name of the format plugin used (XML for lists and types other than reports).
- %M The modification date in the format YYYYMMDD
If the modification date is not available this gives either the creation date or the current date if a creation date is no available as well, e.g. when exporting lists of resources.
- %m The modification time in the format HHMMSS.
Falls back to the createn time or current time similar to %M.
- %N The name fo the resource or the associated task for reports. Lists and types without a name will use the type (see %T).
- %T The resource type, e.g. “task”, “port_list”. Pluralized for lst pages.
- %t The current time in the format HHMMSS
- %U The unique ID of the resource or “list” for lists fo multiple resources.
- %u The name fo the currently logged in user.
- %% The percent sign (%).
- List Export File Name:
- This defines the default name of the file for exported resource lists (see above).
- Port Export File Name:
- This defines the default name of the file for exported reports (see above).
- Severity Class:
Here the classification of the vulnerability respective to the score can be defined.
- NVD Vulnerabiliy Severity Ratings
- 7.0 - 10.0: High
- 4.0 - 6.9: Medium
- 0.0 - 3.9: Low
- BSI Vulnerability Traffic Light
- 7.0 - 10.0: Red
- 4.0 - 6.9: Yellow
- 0.0 - 3.9: Green
- OpenVAS classic
- 5.1 - 10.0: High
- 2.1 - 5.0: Medium
- 0.0 - 2.0: Low
- 4.3 - 10.0: High
- 0.0 - 4.2: None
- Here specific default filters for each page can be specified that are being activated automatically when the page is loaded.